Sunday, December 23, 2012

A great day Fox Trapping



                        Had a great day of fox trapping yesterday.   Checking traps yesterday morning and at
      the first set a very nice Red fox waiting for me.  About 20 yards away at another set was another
      nice red fox.   I made a small cubby dirt hole at each set, with a step stick out in front.  This was 
      done ,becuse deer were seting off my traps.  I make this set fast and easy by making my dirt hole
      set, at this set I used a piece of log as my backing with my traps out about 10 inches from the log.
          Using my # 1 Fox and Coyote bait down in my dirt hole on a piece of wool, then I placed alittle       grass over the hole.  As a call lure I used  Halbaker fox and coyote food lure as a call.  I   then
      placed a #1 1/2 victor trap with wax paper as trap pan cover and sifted dirt over the trap making it
      look as flat and natural as possible.  Then to finish this set I take branches and twigs and place at
     about a 30 degree angle from my backing out about 2 ft.  At the front of the set the opening is
     about 20 inches placeing a step stick across the front. This type of set helps to keep deer from



     setting my traps off.  With a good shot of fox urine on my backing the set is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment