Thursday, April 16, 2009

Great day of fishing on the river

I caught these two beauties on purple wiggler flies. Everything went perfect today, the weather was great and the steelhead were biting. Kept these two fish for our meals and released 4 others. The big female was also full of spawn. That will make all my friends happy when they have roe to tie into sacks for bait.







Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be even better than todays! Let's hope for another great day of fishing. So fellow steelhead fisherman get out and get on the rivers. It's a great place to be.


3 comments:

  1. My husband loves to fish and he loves to hunt. We have so many trapping supplies strewn about our house and our garage. I keep telling my husband, that if we ever have any kids, then we are going to have to find a safe place for all of that equipment. Just last weekend, my husband went on this weekend long fishing retreat. My husband loves going on fishing retreats. He especially loves it when his dad goes with him. I think that it's so great that he and his dad have something that they can do together. My dad passed away when I was a kid, and I miss him so much. It just makes me really happy though, to see my husband spend time with his dad.

    ReplyDelete